THE BEST PROCEDURES FOR SEXY LEGSMay 5, 2013 / Category: Anti-Aging, Beauty Breakthroughs, Celebrity Love, Cosmetic Procedures
Spring has sprung and summer is around the corner, which means it’s officially shorts season. Baring so much leg is fine for some, but for others with cellulite, varicose veins or troublesome unwanted hair, it causes a good amount of anxiety. Read about some of the best procedures for getting lean legs in time for beach season.
What do O Magazine, Shape, Allure, OK and New Beauty Magazines call”The Gold Standard of Cellulite Remedies”?June 9, 2011 / Category: Anti-Aging, Beauty Breakthroughs, Celebrity Love, Special Offers
What do O Magazine, Shape, Allure, OK and New Beauty Magazines call “The Gold Standard of Cellulite Remedies”?
COSMETIC LASER MD IS ONE OF NORTHERN NJ’S ONLY VELASHAPE LOCATIONS
20% OFF VelaShape
Celebrity Cosmetic Surgery Red Carpet Secrets RevealedMarch 9, 2011 / Category: Celebrity Love, Cosmetic Procedures
With the Oscars a distant memory, the only question that now remains is – how do the celebrities get themselves so PERFECT before they walk the red carpet?
After all, millions of eyes and flashbulbs capturing every move on the red carpet, and with it, any flaw that dares to bulge, spot or wrinkle on the world’s most glamorous stage.
“Though we did not treat any Oscar-hopefuls this year, we have certainly seen our share of Broadway, television and movie personalities here at Cosmetic Laser MD,” says Susan Stevens Tanne MD.
“There are a variety of nonsurgical ‘quick fixes’ that have little or downtime that I can choose from to make them look good. Celebrities have always been at the forefront of using these kinds of treatments, because of the pressure to constantly look good for public appearances,” Tanne adds.
Ideally, patients come in a few weeks before their big day to assess their concerns, and put together an action plan of what is often a variety of touch-up procedures to tighten skin and give it a glow.
“VelaShape is the most effective non-invasive body contouring system out there, and I’ve used them all,” Tanne notes. “We used to have Zerona, but it was not giving us the result we wanted. Our patients are thrilled with VelaShape. It’s what the Kardashians use to stay in camera-ready cellulite-free shape.
Patients often combine the VelaShape with their already aggressive pre-Oscars routine combination of a light diet and exercise for best results.
A few sessions with our FotoMatrix laser treatment eradicates sun damage, reduces fine lines, wrinkles and dark spots. It’s like an eraser for the delicate upper chest area, and a real age re-winder.
Entirely eliminating brown spots takes multiple treatments or more invasive procedures like deep chemical peels that require downtime, and can’t be done merely days before a big event. Powerful lasers may zap problematic spots into oblivion, but they form a scab that must naturally flake off on its own, or else risk scarring.
However, a variety of noninvasive treatments like microdermabrasion and non-ablative lasers can be combined like a cocktail to significantly lighten spots in as little time as a week before the big day.
For maintenance, a regular patient may first go through the regimen of four to six sessions to undo sun damage on the skin, and then maintain with follow-up sessions once every season.
FILLERS AND BOTOX
Fillers like Juvederm and Restylane are most often shot into the lips for a fuller look, or to erase aging marionette lines. Radiesse is a firmer filler, and is often used in the cheeks for more support. While typical fillers last a few months, firmer versions like Radiesse can often stay in place for up to a year.
Sold by the syringe, most patients require two syringes of filler for an area like deep laugh lines, or one syringe for the lips. Prices can vary dramatically depending on volume needed.
When it comes to Botox and fillers, you have to be careful to treat at least a week before an event, just in case there’s any surface bruising. It is difficult to anticipate whether or not a person will bruise, but eliminating blood thinners like aspirin helps.
We encourage our patients to consult with us at least six weeks before their red-carpet moments so that we can put together a customized treatment plan. As always, our professional make-up artist can also get you “Photo Perfect” and completely erase any flaws before your event.
Ah, yes — that’s the magic of Hollywood.
CLEVER CONTOURING THE KARDASHIAN WAYFebruary 25, 2011 / Category: Beauty Breakthroughs, Celebrity Love
Ever wonder how those Kardashian women maintain their sleek camera-ready bod’s and camera-ready glow? Exercise and good nutrition probably play a role, but VelaShape and the St. Tropez Spray Tanning System are the stars’ go-to treatments keeping them in Hollywood red-carpet shape. The Kardashians have spoken extensively about their VelaShape treatments on their show. COSMETIC LASER MD is one of the few Northern NJ practices who use the identical system to the one they use in LA. VelaShape is the only FDA-approved device that effectively and safely contours, shapes and slims the body by reducing cellulite and firming problem areas in as little as four treatments. Our VelaShape technicians are extremely experienced, and will work with each client to create a streamlined, contoured result. Yes, a firmer, smoother body can actually be yours this summer.
To complete the look, the Kardashians are big fans of the St. Tropez Spray Tan System, widely known as the industry’s most outstanding spray-tan system. Unlike its competitors, the St. Tropez Airbrush Tanning System (featured not only by the Kardashians, but also by Dancin’ With The Stars) produces the most natural color possible, based on your own skin tone. (We promise no orange!) Also, St. Tropez products have none of that “off” odor associated with other self-tanning systems. COSMETIC LASER MD is one of the top St. Tropez Spray Tanning locations in New Jersey, and in addition to body spraying, we carry a complete line of scrubs, optimizers, bronzers and lotions to extend and perfect your glow. Again, our experienced spray tan technician can “create” contours where needed for amazing results.
The third weapon in our red-carpet arsenal: ELOS Laser Hair Removal. Quite simply, ELOS laser hair removal treatments are the ONLY way to permanently reduce unwanted hair from anywhere on the body. In a few short treatments, smooth fresh skin without unsightly stubble can be yours.
COSMETIC LASER MD is offering tremendous discounts on these three body-changing treatments now through March 31, 2011 good for treatments until September 2, 2011.
Tags: Kardashian, VelaShape, cellulite, body contouring, spray tan, sunless tan, tanning salon, permanent hair removal, laser hair removal, fat treatment, fat reduction, ELOS, waxing, liposuction alternative, self-tanning, bronzer, Dancin’ With The Stars, VelaShape New Jersey
Buy One – Get One FREE at Cosmetic Laser MDJanuary 4, 2011 / Category: Cosmetic Procedures, Special Offers
Buy One – Get One FREE*
Two Body Areas – 6 treatments
*Valid thru 1/31/11. Both body areas must be treated during each visit on same patient.
Treatments must begin during the month of January
and continue once per week for all 6 visits. No cash value. No substitutions.
Total package to be paid prior to beginning treatments.
The most wonderful time of the year at Cosmetic Laser MD!December 6, 2010 / Category: Cosmetic Procedures, Special Offers
Gift Certificate Sale*
With any purchase of the above special offers from December 9 – 23 you will receive a voucher for
ATTENDEE EVENT NIGHT ONLY SPECIAL OFFERS:
Bank Your Botox+* – $13 per Unit
*Cannot be combined with any other coupon or special offer. No cash value.
CLICK TO RSVP OR FOR COMPLETE EVENT INFORMATION
*If paid in full within plan period. Minimum monthly payments required.
The Skinny on Fat – VelaShapeApril 24, 2010 / Category: Beauty Breakthroughs, Cosmetic Procedures
Last weekend Cosmetic Laser MD attended the 30th annual meeting of the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS) held in Phoenix, Arizona from Thursday, April 14 through Sunday April 18. Almost 2,000 Cosmetic physicians from around the world attended this important and highly educational meeting. A hot topic discussed at length at the meeting was the issue of fat reduction. Fat reduction is one of the top treatments sought by patients in the Cosmetic Surgery industry. Concerns regarding fat reduction are common, as it is estimated: more than 80% of women over the age of 20, regardless of their weight or size, are affected by cellulite.
Many hours were spent on this exciting and ever more popular topic. A variety of devices using a host of energy sources were discussed, and many research papers were presented regarding the effectiveness of these treatments. The devices used ranged from those using different types of radiofrequency, a new device that freezes fat, devices using focused ultrasound, high frequency ultrasound, and laser energy. Several non-invasive and minimally invasive treatments have been show to be effective treatment options.
As the United States continues to be a country plagued by an abundance of excess fat, these treatments are becoming increasingly more popular. While some of these devices need more studies before the cost and time of performing these treatments becomes a good option for patients, there are in fact effective Laser Treatment options for those who seek fat reduction. Unfortunately, some of these treatments are quite time consuming. The new Zeltiq treatment, which freezes fat, is effective, but takes approximately one hour per area. The body is split up into zones, so if you are treating something like “love handles”, it would be a total of two hours to treat those areas.
Since the FDA clearance, Cosmetic Laser MD has been using a the VelaShape treatment for body contouring and cellulite reduction with great success rate. We find patients tend to be very happy with this effective and relatively comfortable treatment — the best part being that it only takes a total of 20 minutes.
One of the best parts of attending a world class meeting is the opportunity to view a wide variety of laser and other energy-based equipment. Since vendors from around the world attend this meeting to show off their devices, its nice to have the experience of seeing them in action first-hand. The chance to evaluate these devices from many different manufacturers and determine their potential place in our practice is something to look forward to annually.
After watching many demonstrations on the effectiveness and use of different cosmetic laser treatments, VelaShape still remains the best non-invasive option for body contouring and cellulite reduction. Cellulite, which looks like dimpling on the surface of the skin, is actually caused by an accumulation of displaced fat and toxins that are trapped just beneath the surface of skin. Contrary to popular belief, Cellulite is not caused by being overweight. In fact, the majority of people who seek treatment are in good physical condition, but have pockets of cellulite on their arms, hips, thighs or buttocks.The best candidates for VelaShape are healthy individuals who are at or near their ideal weight and who follow a healthful diet and exercise program.
To book a consultation to receive a VelaShape treatment, click here or call (973)716.9000.
And that’s the skinny for now.
Special Offer for our Blog Readers!!April 14, 2010 / Category: Beauty Breakthroughs, Special Offers, Uncategorized
Do you want a Smooth Summer Body at a Sexy Price? Who doesn’t!
Summer is around the corner, but it’s never too late to look great!
We at Cosmetic Laser MD would like to offer our blog readers a special price on the hottest new Cosmetic Laser treatment: VELASHAPE™. The VelaShape™ special offer has been extended by popular demand! A 5 treatment package is now only $1,250*!!
What is VelaShape™?
VelaShape™ is the first and only non–surgical FDA–cleared medical device for Body Reshaping and Cellulite Treatment featuring the revolutionary ELOS™ technology that enables you to comfortably achieve a toned, contoured and well shaped body. It is now easy to enhance your body, improve your lifestyle and feel better about yourself! VelaShape™ is the only proven device with breakthrough results as it treats both the deeper tissue and the upper layers of the skin. This results in a measurable reduction in fat layers, circumference and the appearance of cellulite. VelaShape™ offers a non–surgical, no downtime and virtually painless treatment for Body Reshaping and Cellulite Treatment, with proven results in as few as four treatment sessions.
How Does VelaShape™ Work?
VelaShape™ features the revolutionary ELOS™ combination of Bi–Polar radiofrequency (RF), Infrared Light Energy, plus Vacuum and Mechanical Massage. The combination of infrared and conducted RF energies precisely heats the dermal and the hypodermal tissue within the target treatment area. The precise heating ensures a safe, effective, fast treatment with no downtime.
Vacuum and specially designed rollers for the Mechanical Massage smooth out the skin to facilitate safe and efficient heat energy delivery. The net result increases the metabolism of stored energy, increases lymphatic drainage and reduces or shrinks the size of the actual fat cells and fat chambers, including:
In a clinical multi–center study, 85% of the treated areas have reported circumferential reduction of thighs of at least 1cm; ranging up to 7.2cm in reduction. With VelaShape™ it is easy to enhance your body, improve your lifestyle and feel better about yourself!
Call 973.716.9000 to schedule your treatment or click here!
*Along with your purchase of this special offer package, please accept our special gift of our Essential Home Treatment Kit which includes a Papaya Enzyme Body Scrub and Body Contour Creme with 5% Theophylline – which tightens skin and fights cellulite (a $50 value!)
Top Ten Beauty Treatments for 2010April 5, 2010 / Category: Anti-Aging, Beauty Breakthroughs, Cosmetic Procedures
So you’ve decided you want cosmetic laser treatments to help maintain a youthful appearance — but which one do you choose?
Well, you’ve come to the right place. To answer questions just like that one, we compiled a list of the ‘Top Ten’ Cosmetic Laser Face and Body Rejuvenation Treatments that are clinically proven highly-effective and provide the most satisfying results. Sought after as much for ‘beauty maintenance’ as for dramatic improvements by woman and men of all ages and all skin types, these treatments are available to anyone at a fraction of the cost of traditional cosmetic surgery.
1. eMatrix Fractional Sublative Rejuvenation – Designed to treat fine lines and wrinkles, improve the appearance of acne scars and stretch marks, improve textural irregularities and broken blood vessels, treat brown spots and sun damage, and tighten skin–all in one sitting. Ideal for the face, neck, chest, arms and hands, it provides for a smoother, tighter and improved skin texture. eMatrix requires little- to-no downtime and is clinically proven for ALL skin types.
2. Fotofacial RF Skin Rejuvenation –FotoFacial RF (also known as photorejuvenation or IPL) is the first and only device to combine intense pulsed light with radiofrequency for maximum safety, effectiveness, and comfort. FotoFacial RF safely and comfortably treats rosacea, spider veins, sun damage, age spots, as well as uneven skin tone created by brown and red spots. In addition, because it uses bipolar radiofrequency, FotoFacial RF will simultaneously stimulate collagen production leading to softer wrinkles and tighter pores. The end result is smoother, healthier, younger looking skin.
3. VelaShape Laser Body Contouring – VelaShape™ features the revolutionary ELOS™ technology, and is FDA–cleared for Body Reshaping and Cellulite Treatment, enabling you to comfortably achieve a toned, contoured and well shaped body. VelaShape treats both the deeper tissue and the upper layers of the skin resulting in a measurable reduction in fat layers, circumference and the appearance of cellulite. VelaShape™ offers a non–surgical, no downtime and virtually painless treatment for Body Reshaping and Cellulite Treatment, with proven results in as few as five treatment sessions.
4. Dermal Fillers – Safe and simple biocompatible dermal fillers including Radiesse®, Juvederm® and the exciting new Selphyl™. Used to achieve the Liquid Face Lift, these fillers are injected to increase volume, fill lines and lift hollows in the face, taking years off of your appearance and restoring the Volume of Youth.
5. Botox® – A perennial favorite for its consistent, almost instantaneous results, Botox® relaxes the tiny facial muscles that cause worry lines in the forehead, crow’s feet, frown lines and laugh lines. Botox is also used to elevate and re-shape the brow and turn up the corners of the mouth, resulting in a more youthful, refreshed appearance.
6. ELOS Laser Hair Removal – ELOS Laser Hair Removal combines Bi–Polar RF (Radio Frequency) and a high power Diode LASER, requiring lower overall energy levels for superior results and maximum safety, and is the fastest, most effective hair removal laser available. One of the most important benefits of ELOS technology is that it safely achieves permanent and effective reduction of most hair colors on all skin types including patients with darker skin tones.
7. Melanage Skin Lightening Peel – Designed to treat uneven skin tone, deep pigment issues and melasma. The Melanage Skin Lightening Peel is a superficial peel designed to improve the texture and appearance of hyperpigmented skin, which involves a medicate masque and an at–home regimen. This peel is safe and effective for ALL skin types including dark skin.
8. SilkPeel™– SilkPeel combines precision non–invasive exfoliation with Dermalinfusion™, a deep delivery of skin–specific solutions, to restore, brighten, clarify, hydrate and revitalize your skin without the use of crystal or other chemical exfoliants. The patented SilkPeel™ handpiece deeply delivers the vitamins, antioxidants, and other therapeutic ingredients that your skin needs most.9. VI Peel Treatment™ – Painless, quick and designed to reverse the signs of aging and sun damage on the skin, the VI Peel improves the texture of the skin, reduces age spots, and softens lines and wrinkles. The unique blend of ingredients in our Peel produces powerful results with no pain, no skin preparation and very little downtime.
10. Clarisonic PRO – The Clarisonic PRO is the latest model from Clarisonic. Created by the primary inventor of the Sonicare® toothbrush, Clarisonic’s gentle sonic vibrations cleanse deeply, clearing pores for better absorption of skincare products; reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; creates softer, smoother skin; helps reduce oily areas,dry skin patches and blemishes; and is gentle enough for cleansing sensitive skin.
Of course, all the above treatments are available at Cosmetic Laser MD’s office in Livingston, NJ.
Please call 973.716.900 or click here to schedule a complimentary consultation.
Call us at 973.716.9000 to schedule a complimentary consultation or click the button below. We will discuss your concerns and establish a treatment plan to achieve your aesthetic goals.