Truths About Microneedling – Not as Bad as It SoundsFebruary 10, 2016 / Category: Anti-Aging, Beauty Breakthroughs, Celebrity Love, Cosmetic Procedures, Health News
Microneedling is hot these days and for good reason: It stimulates collagen to give you better-looking skin on every level. Whether done at home or in a physicians office, there’s still a lot out there that’s not clear. Here are some truths to remove any misconceptions about this treatment.
Myth: What your doctor uses on your skin is exactly the same as what you can use yourself at home.
Myth: Microneedling hurts.
Myth: Microneedling leaves holes in the skin.
Myth: The treatment can’t be done around the eyes or lips.
Myth: The only benefit you’ll get from microneedling is an anti-aging one.
excerpted from New Beauty
4 Ways to Looking Younger in 2015January 9, 2015 / Category: Anti-Aging, Beauty Breakthroughs, Cosmetic Procedures, Health News
GET ENOUGH SLEEP
EXFOLIATE ON A REGULAR BASIS
HYDRATE INSIDE AND OUT
TAKE A TRIP TO THE DOCTOR
DR. TANNE SPEAKS AT THE AMERICAN SOCIETY OF COSMETIC PHYSICIANSOctober 31, 2014 / Category: Anti-Aging, Beauty Breakthroughs, Cosmetic Procedures, Health News
Dr. Tanne was invited to speak at the 9th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Cosmetic Physician, held recently in Scottsdale, Arizona.
She presented a talk on Saturday, October 25th about micro-facial fat grafting, which was very well received.
To learn more about fat transfer and fat grafting, CLICK HERE and read about Fat Transfer with Selphyl.
You can also watch our excellent video about Fat Transfer with Selphyl.
ARE YOUR EYES AGING YOU?October 13, 2014 / Category: Anti-Aging, Beauty Breakthroughs, Celebrity Love, Cosmetic Procedures
Fillers, fat or surgery: Which one should you choose? Each option has its place when correcting the eyes. Base your decision on what bothers you, your budget and the result you are looking to achieve.
Choose fillers to fix hollowing in the tear troughs if there is no loose skin. Ideal patients are those who have a depression like a tear trough in the lower lids, had too much fat removed during surgery or are hollow under the eyes. Some physicians prefer fillers (such as Restylane or Belotero Balance) because they are reversible and to not require overcorrection.
Choose fat for longer-lasting results. Your physician will gently remove a very small amount of fat from elsewhere on your body (often the love handles), clean it and then inject it under the eyes for a volumizing effect. Fat can also be used to blend the area between the lower lid and the cheeks.
Choose surgery to correct loose skin or excessive muscle and/or fat in the lids.
The Secrets to Removing Dark Under-Eye CirclesApril 28, 2014 / Category: Anti-Aging, Beauty Breakthroughs, Cosmetic Procedures
Did you know that dark under-eye circles are not caused by a lack of sleep, but by blood that pools in the vessels close to the skin? Dark circles are the result of blood that pools in the vessels that lie close to the skin’s surface, which is why they can be almost impossible to hide. This also happens when fat bulges out: light cannot be reflected properly, casting a shadow under the eye. Additionally, sun exposure can aggravate under-eye darkness by boosting melanin production, as can allergies, since they cause the veins to become congested and enlarged. A lack of sleep, as well as dehydration, can emphasize dark under-eye circles, but almost always sleep is not the culprit.
Some under-eye darkness is genetic, and related to inherently thin skin. The thinner the skin is under the eye, the more pigmentation shows through. Loading up on vitamin K, both internally and with topical products, can help since it strengthens and clots blood vessels to stop the pooling that causes the darkness. When it comes to concealing under-eye circles and bags, reach for a creamy hydrating concealer as opposed to a blemish-fighting one, which may contain drying ingredients like salicylic acid that are usually too harsh for the under-eye area.
Dark under-eye circles can be difficult to fix, especially if there are cultural or genetic ties. Hydroquinone can help to lighten the area to some degree if the problem is more about discoloration than shadowing. If the darkness is related to melasma, you’ll see more of a dramatic difference with a skin lightener. Excessive sun exposure only intensifies dark circles, so always wear a mineral based sunscreen formulated for the eye area and protect your eyes from the sun at all times with sunglasses.
Another way to battle dark under-eye circles is by injecting hyaluronic acid fillers, such as Restylane or Belotero, into the area. When injected into the shadows under the bag, they can camouflage the darkness by plumping up the area, and give instant results. A more permanent result can be achieved by performing micro fat grafting or fat transfer with Selphyl to this area.
PUT AN END TO HOLLOW EYESAugust 7, 2013 / Category: Anti-Aging, Beauty Breakthroughs, Cosmetic Procedures
We talk a lot about reducing under-eye puffiness, but we know that some of you suffer from another issue: eyes that look sunken and hollow, especially for those who have more slender faces. However, there is help for those who may be genetically predisposed to hollow eyes or have lost soft tissue and bone density, which can make the eyes appear sunken.
RESTORING VOLUME FOR A YOUTHFUL APPEARANCEFebruary 18, 2011 / Category: Anti-Aging, Beauty Breakthroughs, Cosmetic Procedures
When cheeks are flat and lack definition, they can cause the face to look drawn, which is very aging. Contouring the cheeks by adding volume can give the face natural-looking symmetry, youthful balance, and a more feminine appearance.
FOR LONG-LASTING RESULTS
FOR FAST RESULTS
By lifting the cheeks with one of these methods, other facial features are subtly lifted, too—like the corners of the mouth and the jawline—which gives a nice contour, and restores youthfulness to the face.
The”Vampire”(Selphyl) LipoLift Adds a Bite of FatNovember 22, 2010 / Category: Beauty Breakthroughs, Cosmetic Procedures
Although fat has been used previously to fill lines and folds (Fat Transfer or Fat Grafting), the success rate wasn’t very exciting. After all, fat is a living tissue, and needs a blood supply to survive. With previous attempts to use fat, patients saw a nice result, but it didn’t last. Dr. Tanne’s patients are all thrilled to give up a bit of belly fat and have it moved up into the face. What has been recently discovered is that fat contains more stem cell than almost any other tissue in the body, even more than in bone marrow. Our own fat is a potent source of rejuvenation.
Recent studies have confirmed that mixing Selphyl into fat allows the re-injected fat to develop a new network of blood vessels. When fat has a good supply of blood feeding it, it becomes a long-lasting part of your body. Rather than having synthetic filler re-injected every 6 months to one year, Dr. Tanne’s patients now have the option to get a long lasting, all natural treatment. Another exciting benefit of Vampire LipoLift (Selphyl enhanced Fat Transfer), is that your skin has a more youthful glow from the growth factors that are being re-injected.
After Dr. Tanne gently bathes a small area of the belly with a dilute numbing solution, a small amount of fat is withdrawn and allowed to sit for a short period of time. Then, she takes a little bit of blood (one vial) from the patient’s arm. The platelets are separated from the red cells, and using a special process that only takes a few minutes, Selphyl is created. Selphyl has the unique advantage of containing your own growth factors that are in your platelets. Mixing the platelet rich fibrin matrix (PRMF) of Selphyl into the stem cell rich fat that was taken out, now creates a rejuvenation broth ready to be immediately re-injected.
Dr. Tanne numbs the skin of her patients face, and then using very small tubes gently injects tiny threads of the Selphyl enhanced fat into hollow and deflated areas. This treatment can be used to rejuvenate the hands and other body areas as well. “The entire procedure is quick and comfortable, the results are instant and down-time is minimal. I love the fact that I am giving my patients back their youthful glow. One of the best outcomes of this treatment is the renewed sense of self-confidence that my patients now have. They actually like seeing themselves in a mirror”, she says.” Sculpting and re-defining the face is my passion, and I love giving my patients back a youthful appearance. The immediate wow factor when my patients look in the mirror is the highlight of my day. The Vampire LipoLift really does turn back the hands of time”, says Dr. Tanne.
“Vampire Facelift”Uses Blood to Get Rid of WrinklesAugust 16, 2010 / Category: Beauty Breakthroughs, Cosmetic Procedures
Click to see Dr. Tanne’s ABC interview:
This article was picked up by news services worldwide
PS – Do you have an idea for an article, or do you need advice? Please write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Top Ten Beauty Treatments for 2010April 5, 2010 / Category: Anti-Aging, Beauty Breakthroughs, Cosmetic Procedures
So you’ve decided you want cosmetic laser treatments to help maintain a youthful appearance — but which one do you choose?
Well, you’ve come to the right place. To answer questions just like that one, we compiled a list of the ‘Top Ten’ Cosmetic Laser Face and Body Rejuvenation Treatments that are clinically proven highly-effective and provide the most satisfying results. Sought after as much for ‘beauty maintenance’ as for dramatic improvements by woman and men of all ages and all skin types, these treatments are available to anyone at a fraction of the cost of traditional cosmetic surgery.
1. eMatrix Fractional Sublative Rejuvenation – Designed to treat fine lines and wrinkles, improve the appearance of acne scars and stretch marks, improve textural irregularities and broken blood vessels, treat brown spots and sun damage, and tighten skin–all in one sitting. Ideal for the face, neck, chest, arms and hands, it provides for a smoother, tighter and improved skin texture. eMatrix requires little- to-no downtime and is clinically proven for ALL skin types.
2. Fotofacial RF Skin Rejuvenation –FotoFacial RF (also known as photorejuvenation or IPL) is the first and only device to combine intense pulsed light with radiofrequency for maximum safety, effectiveness, and comfort. FotoFacial RF safely and comfortably treats rosacea, spider veins, sun damage, age spots, as well as uneven skin tone created by brown and red spots. In addition, because it uses bipolar radiofrequency, FotoFacial RF will simultaneously stimulate collagen production leading to softer wrinkles and tighter pores. The end result is smoother, healthier, younger looking skin.
3. VelaShape Laser Body Contouring – VelaShape™ features the revolutionary ELOS™ technology, and is FDA–cleared for Body Reshaping and Cellulite Treatment, enabling you to comfortably achieve a toned, contoured and well shaped body. VelaShape treats both the deeper tissue and the upper layers of the skin resulting in a measurable reduction in fat layers, circumference and the appearance of cellulite. VelaShape™ offers a non–surgical, no downtime and virtually painless treatment for Body Reshaping and Cellulite Treatment, with proven results in as few as five treatment sessions.
4. Dermal Fillers – Safe and simple biocompatible dermal fillers including Radiesse®, Juvederm® and the exciting new Selphyl™. Used to achieve the Liquid Face Lift, these fillers are injected to increase volume, fill lines and lift hollows in the face, taking years off of your appearance and restoring the Volume of Youth.
5. Botox® – A perennial favorite for its consistent, almost instantaneous results, Botox® relaxes the tiny facial muscles that cause worry lines in the forehead, crow’s feet, frown lines and laugh lines. Botox is also used to elevate and re-shape the brow and turn up the corners of the mouth, resulting in a more youthful, refreshed appearance.
6. ELOS Laser Hair Removal – ELOS Laser Hair Removal combines Bi–Polar RF (Radio Frequency) and a high power Diode LASER, requiring lower overall energy levels for superior results and maximum safety, and is the fastest, most effective hair removal laser available. One of the most important benefits of ELOS technology is that it safely achieves permanent and effective reduction of most hair colors on all skin types including patients with darker skin tones.
7. Melanage Skin Lightening Peel – Designed to treat uneven skin tone, deep pigment issues and melasma. The Melanage Skin Lightening Peel is a superficial peel designed to improve the texture and appearance of hyperpigmented skin, which involves a medicate masque and an at–home regimen. This peel is safe and effective for ALL skin types including dark skin.
8. SilkPeel™– SilkPeel combines precision non–invasive exfoliation with Dermalinfusion™, a deep delivery of skin–specific solutions, to restore, brighten, clarify, hydrate and revitalize your skin without the use of crystal or other chemical exfoliants. The patented SilkPeel™ handpiece deeply delivers the vitamins, antioxidants, and other therapeutic ingredients that your skin needs most.9. VI Peel Treatment™ – Painless, quick and designed to reverse the signs of aging and sun damage on the skin, the VI Peel improves the texture of the skin, reduces age spots, and softens lines and wrinkles. The unique blend of ingredients in our Peel produces powerful results with no pain, no skin preparation and very little downtime.
10. Clarisonic PRO – The Clarisonic PRO is the latest model from Clarisonic. Created by the primary inventor of the Sonicare® toothbrush, Clarisonic’s gentle sonic vibrations cleanse deeply, clearing pores for better absorption of skincare products; reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; creates softer, smoother skin; helps reduce oily areas,dry skin patches and blemishes; and is gentle enough for cleansing sensitive skin.
Of course, all the above treatments are available at Cosmetic Laser MD’s office in Livingston, NJ.
Please call 973.716.900 or click here to schedule a complimentary consultation.
Call us at 973.716.9000 to schedule a complimentary consultation or click the button below. We will discuss your concerns and establish a treatment plan to achieve your aesthetic goals.