TREATMENTS GET SHARP WITH LUMILASE!January 21, 2013 / Category: Anti-Aging, Beauty Breakthroughs, Cosmetic Procedures
If ‘luminosity’ and ‘radiance’ were last year’s beauty buzz words, in 2013 we want treatments that achieve both of these things – faster and with less downtime than ever before. Regular laser treatments will become the new facials as women seek to maintain glowing, even-toned complexions and radical results with minimum side-effects.
Fast track your fix with LumiLase! LumiLase is a treatment that combines home skin-prepping with a mild laser and microdermabrasion to combat stubborn pigment and sun spots.
LumiLase is an innovative new procedure for melasma, brown spots, sun damage and other brown discoloration of the skin, created by cosmetic physician and laser specialist Dr. Susan Stevens Tanne. This highly effective treatment combines microdermabrasion with laser treatment and a tailored skin care regimen.
Microdermabrasion removes the dead skin cell layer, enabling enhanced laser light penetration, while increasing skin cell turnover. Low energy laser treatment then breaks up the brown skin pigment to smaller particles which are then cleared by the body’s natural healing process. A skin care regimen tailored to your skin is used to prevent hyperpigmentation from recurring. The LumiLase three-pronged approach is pain-free and requires no recovery or down time. More aggressive treatments can worsen melasma and hyperpigmentation by irritating and inflaming the skin but LumiLase is so gentle that it does not stimulate pigment production. Patients are amazed to see their condition begin to drastically clear within 2 to 3 weeks after just one treatment, however a series of 3 to 5 treatments is usually recommended for optimal results.
Many patients notice a tremendous difference in the color and texture of their skin after being treated by LumiLase. “Between the laser treatments and the skin care products, my skin color has improved drastically. I couldn’t be happier with the results”, said one of Dr. Tanne’s patients.
LumiLase is one of the most exciting treatments that I offer, because the results are consistently good in almost every patient treated, even those who have tried aggressive laser treatments with long recovery times. LumiLase is available at Dr. Tanne’s private Livingston-based practice, Cosmetic Laser MD.
How to Treat Under-Eye Circles in Darker Skin TonesJuly 24, 2012 / Category: Anti-Aging, Beauty Breakthroughs, Cosmetic Procedures
No one likes to deal with under-eye circles and bags. But the problem can be especially hard to deal with for those who have dark skin tones because treatments that cosmetic physicians might normally suggest like lasers or chemical peels aren’t always suitable. Luckily, there is hope.
Next, if you have dark pigmentation around your eyes, especially in the lower eyelids, then your best bet is to use an at-home cream, or a combination of ingredients. We like our patients to use products from our Tanne MD Medical Skin Care line including hydroquinone (found in our Brighten Pads), sometimes with a vitamin C or an antioxidant, which can lighten the skin. Retinol can help and also a light bleach like kojic acid. We recommend a variety of skin care options for each patient during a personal skin care consultation.
Last, if you have a loss of skin tissue and sagging under the eyes, it can cause blood vessels to show through and look like pigmentation. In that case using products that contain caffeine to constrict blood vessels and vitamin K to reduce redness are helpful. Or you can opt for an in-office laser treatment like eMatrix or CO2RE to promote collagen growth in the skin.
Of course, a little makeup can also go a long way. Our makeup artists, Lauren and Nicole, suggest avoiding light concealers that tend to come in a wand or twist applicator and opt for thicker ones that are usually in pans or compacts. They will recommend the right products for you from our Simply Beautiful Makeup Line. As for the application process, they recommend patting concealer on, after applying foundation, using your finger or a brush. They stress not to forget the inner corner of your eye and the inside bridge of your nose. That area tends to have darkness that we forget about and it’s important to cover it as well!
GOT PORES?October 25, 2011 / Category: Anti-Aging, Beauty Breakthroughs
Fall in love with your skin! COSMETIC LASER MD introduces ALLUMERA, a brand new treatment specifically formulated to improve the overall appearance of skin, reduce the outward signs of aging and minimize the appearance of pores with minimal downtime and results that last! ALLUMERA is a topical solution used in conjunction with the power of Intense Pulse Light (IPL) Photo Rejuvenation. IPL is a non-invasive light-based technology used to improve rosacea, broken capillaries, pigmentation and skin texture. When used in combination with ALLUMERA, a cosmetic photosensitizer, results are dramatically improved. After a series of ALLUMERA and IPL, you will see a reduction in the appearance of pores, improved skin tone and texture, and an overall brightening to your skin.
Don’t take our word for it – check out these impressive statistics:
The reviews are in:
-It was amazing to see my pores shrink. They’ve almost disappeared.”
“It makes you look light and fresh and airy. Now I have more confidence in my skin.”
“My pores were very large. Now my pores are smaller and tighter.”
On the continuum of skin rejuvenation procedures. ALLUMERA falls directly between chemical peels (less aggressive) and Laser Treatments (more aggressive). ALLUMERA is suitable for virtually all skin types. For optimal results, a series of three Allumera treatments are performed at four week intervals. Please call our office at 973-716-9000 for more ALLUMERA package details and to schedule your treatment.
Join us on Thursday November 10th for our Fall Open House; we will have a representative from ALLUMERA on hand to talk about this exciting rejuvenating procedure. RSVP 973-716-9000.
Special Offer: SAVE $1,500 on Fotomatrix Treatments!October 4, 2010 / Category: Special Offers
And the winners are……August 2, 2010 / Category: Cosmetic Procedures, Special Offers
Last week’s question was: Name three results that you can expect with FotoFacial RF Skin Rejuvenation treatment.
Accepted answers were:
Treats:Rocacea, Spider Veins, Sun Damage, Age spots, Freckles, Sun Spots, Brown Spots and Uneven skin tones
Results in: Tighter Pores, Younger Looking Ski, Softer Wrinkles
Please be sure to become a FAN of our Facebook page at: Comsetic Laser MD on Facebook!
Top Ten Beauty Treatments for 2010April 5, 2010 / Category: Anti-Aging, Beauty Breakthroughs, Cosmetic Procedures
So you’ve decided you want cosmetic laser treatments to help maintain a youthful appearance — but which one do you choose?
Well, you’ve come to the right place. To answer questions just like that one, we compiled a list of the ‘Top Ten’ Cosmetic Laser Face and Body Rejuvenation Treatments that are clinically proven highly-effective and provide the most satisfying results. Sought after as much for ‘beauty maintenance’ as for dramatic improvements by woman and men of all ages and all skin types, these treatments are available to anyone at a fraction of the cost of traditional cosmetic surgery.
1. eMatrix Fractional Sublative Rejuvenation – Designed to treat fine lines and wrinkles, improve the appearance of acne scars and stretch marks, improve textural irregularities and broken blood vessels, treat brown spots and sun damage, and tighten skin–all in one sitting. Ideal for the face, neck, chest, arms and hands, it provides for a smoother, tighter and improved skin texture. eMatrix requires little- to-no downtime and is clinically proven for ALL skin types.
2. Fotofacial RF Skin Rejuvenation –FotoFacial RF (also known as photorejuvenation or IPL) is the first and only device to combine intense pulsed light with radiofrequency for maximum safety, effectiveness, and comfort. FotoFacial RF safely and comfortably treats rosacea, spider veins, sun damage, age spots, as well as uneven skin tone created by brown and red spots. In addition, because it uses bipolar radiofrequency, FotoFacial RF will simultaneously stimulate collagen production leading to softer wrinkles and tighter pores. The end result is smoother, healthier, younger looking skin.
3. VelaShape Laser Body Contouring – VelaShape™ features the revolutionary ELOS™ technology, and is FDA–cleared for Body Reshaping and Cellulite Treatment, enabling you to comfortably achieve a toned, contoured and well shaped body. VelaShape treats both the deeper tissue and the upper layers of the skin resulting in a measurable reduction in fat layers, circumference and the appearance of cellulite. VelaShape™ offers a non–surgical, no downtime and virtually painless treatment for Body Reshaping and Cellulite Treatment, with proven results in as few as five treatment sessions.
4. Dermal Fillers – Safe and simple biocompatible dermal fillers including Radiesse®, Juvederm® and the exciting new Selphyl™. Used to achieve the Liquid Face Lift, these fillers are injected to increase volume, fill lines and lift hollows in the face, taking years off of your appearance and restoring the Volume of Youth.
5. Botox® – A perennial favorite for its consistent, almost instantaneous results, Botox® relaxes the tiny facial muscles that cause worry lines in the forehead, crow’s feet, frown lines and laugh lines. Botox is also used to elevate and re-shape the brow and turn up the corners of the mouth, resulting in a more youthful, refreshed appearance.
6. ELOS Laser Hair Removal – ELOS Laser Hair Removal combines Bi–Polar RF (Radio Frequency) and a high power Diode LASER, requiring lower overall energy levels for superior results and maximum safety, and is the fastest, most effective hair removal laser available. One of the most important benefits of ELOS technology is that it safely achieves permanent and effective reduction of most hair colors on all skin types including patients with darker skin tones.
7. Melanage Skin Lightening Peel – Designed to treat uneven skin tone, deep pigment issues and melasma. The Melanage Skin Lightening Peel is a superficial peel designed to improve the texture and appearance of hyperpigmented skin, which involves a medicate masque and an at–home regimen. This peel is safe and effective for ALL skin types including dark skin.
8. SilkPeel™– SilkPeel combines precision non–invasive exfoliation with Dermalinfusion™, a deep delivery of skin–specific solutions, to restore, brighten, clarify, hydrate and revitalize your skin without the use of crystal or other chemical exfoliants. The patented SilkPeel™ handpiece deeply delivers the vitamins, antioxidants, and other therapeutic ingredients that your skin needs most.9. VI Peel Treatment™ – Painless, quick and designed to reverse the signs of aging and sun damage on the skin, the VI Peel improves the texture of the skin, reduces age spots, and softens lines and wrinkles. The unique blend of ingredients in our Peel produces powerful results with no pain, no skin preparation and very little downtime.
10. Clarisonic PRO – The Clarisonic PRO is the latest model from Clarisonic. Created by the primary inventor of the Sonicare® toothbrush, Clarisonic’s gentle sonic vibrations cleanse deeply, clearing pores for better absorption of skincare products; reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; creates softer, smoother skin; helps reduce oily areas,dry skin patches and blemishes; and is gentle enough for cleansing sensitive skin.
Of course, all the above treatments are available at Cosmetic Laser MD’s office in Livingston, NJ.
Please call 973.716.900 or click here to schedule a complimentary consultation.
News/Brief History on Chemical Peels…..March 8, 2010 / Category: Anti-Aging, Cosmetic Procedures
Despite most people’s concern for the health of the economy, patients want to look their best to bolster their self-confidence and to feel secure in the workplace.In general, patients are choosing less expensive procedures and those with minimal downtime.According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons the top minimally invasive procedures in 2008 were Botox Cosmetic, dermal fillers, and chemical peels.
Facial blemishes, wrinkles and uneven skin pigmentation are conditions which can be improved by chemical peels. Chemical peels use a solution to improve and smooth the texture of the facial skin by removing its damaged outer layers.Well-formulated blended chemical peel solutions work by breaking down the bonds between the surface cells to allowing them to be more effectively exfoliated. Improved exfoliation allows fresh cells to arise to the surface and leaves skin with an even and fresh appearance. Chemical peels are relatively inexpensive procedures, require minimal recovery time and provide excellent results for patients with all skin types and skin tones, improving the health, function and appearance of the skin.
Peeling the skin has long been a tool for improving its appearance.The use of milk, limestone, sulfur mustard, and even urine was documented for this purpose as early as 3150 BC.Most options available until the late 1800s were highly acidic or alkaline substances that worked purely as corrosives.It was not until around 1850 that physicians began using phenol, salicylic acid, resorcinol and TCA (trichloroacetic acid) for skin lightening and the improvement of skin texture.These procedures were highly invasive and presented dangers of toxicity.During the 1950s and 1960’s the concepts of blending acids as a way to reduce this toxicity came about.In the mid 1970s fruit acids (AHA’s) gained popularity, and since then many options have become available. Superficial blended chemical peels are now the standard of care and offer excellent outcomes, little or no discomfort or down-time.
Using blends of peeling ingredients gives superior results compared to straight acid peels.These newer peels do not cause surface irritation or burns. They allow topical skincare products to penetrate more effectively to strengthen, smooth and brighten the skin.The addition of Vitamin C and other collagen stimulating ingredients, along with skin brighteners increases the excellent outcomes of these peel treatments. These newer blended peels also minimize post inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH), which was a common negative side effect of performing chemical peels on patients with darker skin tones.
The correct peel for each patient is determined based on the condition being treated. These peelsare noninvasive, exfoliating treatments that rely on fruit acids, vitamins, herbs, antioxidants and pigment suppressing agents to loosen the “glue” that binds dead cells to skin’s surface. Superficial blended peels are available for every skin type and condition. They are used for the treatment of sun damage, fine lines and wrinkles, melasma, acne scars, acne, rosacea and discoloration. They promote the growth of new skin and collagen with an improved texture and radiance that is noticeable in just a few days. The result is smoother, tighter, more hydrated new skin, ultimately, leaving you with a clearer, more youthful complexion.
**A variety of superficial blended chemical peels are available at Cosmetic Laser MD***
Questions about how to properly care for your dark skin?March 5, 2010 / Category: Cosmetic Procedures
Dr. Tanne on Channel 11 WPIX morning’s news!February 17, 2010 / Category: Anti-Aging, Cosmetic Procedures
Check out this video of Dr.Tanne on the WPIX11 morning news talking about skincare for improving the texture and appearance of hyperpigmented skin and the treatments and products available at her practice.
Upcoming News and Events from the Office of Dr. Tanne!February 16, 2010 / Category: Anti-Aging, Special Offers
Wednesday February 17th
Dr.Tanne will appear on the PIX Channel 11 Morning News at 7:20AM discussing the topic of “Shedding Light on Dark Skin”.
****STAY TUNED FOR A NEW DATE AND JOIN US FOR A GREAT EVENING!
VERY LIMITED space available. Reservations taken by phone only.
Call 973.716.9000 to reserve your place and for more information.
Call us at 973.716.9000 to schedule a complimentary consultation or click the button below. We will discuss your concerns and establish a treatment plan to achieve your aesthetic goals.