STOP THE FIRST SIGNS OF AGINGSeptember 4, 2015 / Category: Anti-Aging, Beauty Breakthroughs, Cosmetic Procedures
As early as your mid- to late-20s and into your 30s, you may start to notice the very first signs of aging, which are usually subtle but still bothersome. What was once a smooth complexion may now be home to small sunspots, crow’s-feet, dark under-eye circles and uneven texture. Instead of letting the signs of aging get the best of you, take matters into your own hands and correct the changes that you’re seeing—you may even be able to prevent them from progressing as you get older with the proper plan of attack.
UNDER-EYE BAGS, DARKNESS AND PUFFINESS
4 Types of Skin Discoloration and How to Stop ThemNovember 8, 2013 / Category: Anti-Aging, Beauty Breakthroughs, Cosmetic Procedures
As aggravating as hyperpigmentation can be, understanding why it’s happening and how you can stop it (yes, it can be done) is rule number-one on the path to clear, even skin.
What is Hyperpigmentation?
Two Types of Melanin
Types of Discoloration and How to Treat Them
Sunspots (AKA Age or Liver Spots)
Post-Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation (PIH)
3 Non-Surgical Ways to Rejuvenate the FaceSeptember 7, 2012 / Category: Anti-Aging, Beauty Breakthroughs, Celebrity Love, Cosmetic Procedures, Health News
When you want to look and feel younger, your face is the front and center battleground of that fight. And while there are a few ways to surgically make the face look years younger (facelift, neck lift, even a nose job), many women might not be ready for the commitment or cost of a surgical procedure. If not, there are “best practices” for rejuvenating the face without reaching for the scalpel. Here are some of the best treatments to get a younger face without surgery.
SKINCARE – First and foremost, start with a good skin-care routine. Routine skin care by trained, experienced estheticians is invaluable in producing, improving and monitoring the skin. Let’s face it – beautiful skin always creates a more youthful look. A comprehensive skin-care program that may include professional products and treatments (like microdermabrasion and facial peels) can minimize sun damage, soften fine lines, reduce acne, rehydrate dry skin and brighten dull, aging skin.
INJECTABLES – If you want to take it one step further, a cosmetic physician has more options available to make the face look younger. Before finding the best method for facial rejuvenation, your doctor has to take into account your age. When you are younger, we’re getting rid of wrinkles with products like Dysport, Botox and hyaluronic acid fillers such as Restylane, Juvéderm and Belotero. For restoring more volume in an aging face my choice filler is Radiesse.
LASERS – Noninvasive radio-frequency treatments, on the right patient, can work wonders. I am a big fan of eMatrix Sublative Rejuvenation and Sublime Skin Tightening (the eTwo duo). I also love to treat with FotoFacial RF for color correction and eMatrix for texture improvement with my FotoMatrix combo. For a more significant result CO2RE Fractional CO2 Resurfacing is my go-to treatment. It is an ablative laser, but it’s not as invasive as making incisions. It is a very effective tool in treating fine lines, irregularities and brown spots. With one treatment, a major improvement can be obtained.
FOUR GREAT WAYS TO ACHIEVE SMOOTHER SKINAugust 31, 2012 / Category: Anti-Aging, Cosmetic Procedures, Health News
Most of us are born with naturally smooth, soft skin, but as we age moisture levels drop, often resulting in dryness and rough, uneven texture. Rough skin may also be the result of sun damage, which depletes collagen and moisture, or a chronic skin condition such as rosacea or eczema that causes bumpiness and inflammation. Whatever the cause, there are a variety of topical treatments and noninvasive procedures that address poor texture at the source.
1. For a Quick Fix:
2. For Results Over Time:
3. For a Dramatic Effect:
Suitable for all but very sensitive skin, microdermabrasion uses a wand embedded with laser cut diamond chips to polish away the uppermost layer of skin, eliminating roughness as well as fine lines and wrinkles. Chemical peels, another option, are often performed with glycolic, retinoic or alphahydroxy acids; they help smooth out uneven texture by removing the upper layer of skin.
4.For Relief From Redness:
HOW TO IMPROVE SKIN TEXTUREJune 16, 2011 / Category: Anti-Aging, Beauty Breakthroughs, Cosmetic Procedures
Over time, the texture of our skin naturally changes. Hydration, collagen and elastin are all important factors for smooth, soft, young-looking skin. When hormones, pollution and lifestyle come into play, they can diminish these key factors, causing dramatic changes in how your skin feels. I’ve listened to some of your most common complaints about your skin’s texture and have some answers on how to treat it.
Does your skin feel thin and look translucent? Collagen loss tends to cause the skin to become thin. And it’s especially prevalent in fairer skin tones. How do you treat it? “A combination of fillers and collagen-stimulating lasers, like eMatrix, Portrait PSR and fractionated CO2 lasers, is best for plumping up thin skin. The skin needs to be built up from underneath, as well as stimulated on the surface.
Does your skin feel dry and dehydrated? Dry, dehydrated skin is a common change that comes along with aging, since moisture levels drop and water is lost. Diminished blood circulation, harsh ingredients, moisture stripping products, and less-active oil and sweat glands can all lead to dryness. Try treating it by restoring moisture with deep hydrating creams and masks. A consultation with our skincare advisor will put you on the right track. Also, hyaluronic acid fillers (which bind moisture to the skin) such as Juvederm, Restylane-L and Perlane-L may minimize the appearance of lines and wrinkles and reintroduce moisture to the skin.
Does your skin feel rough and weathered? Rough, weathered, leathery-looking skin is the price we pay for spending years in the sun. It damages the skin by causing inflammation, in turn making it look and feel thick. Weathered skin is usually laden with deep wrinkles, too. Protect your skin from the sun with a mineral based sunscreen every day. Prevent further damage to weathered skin with antioxidative and reparative topical products (we love our Tanne MD Medical Grade Skincare), and fractional resurfacing (such as eMatrix) or pulsed light treatments (such as Fotofacial RF) to stimulate collagen production.
Does your skin feel like sandpaper? Skin that feels like sandpaper often has a dull and muddy complexion. Dull skin is caused by a buildup of dead skin that stays on the surface for long periods of time. It’s important to rev up the skin’s natural shedding process to remove dead skin and expose fresh skin. A retinol product such as our Night Defense or a prescription topical retinoid, Chemical Peels (we love the Apeele Peel), laser treatments, SilkPeel™ DermalInfusion and DiamondTip™ Microdermabrasioncan increase cell turnover.
Special Offer: SAVE $1,500 on Fotomatrix Treatments!October 4, 2010 / Category: Special Offers
And the winners are……August 2, 2010 / Category: Cosmetic Procedures, Special Offers
Last week’s question was: Name three results that you can expect with FotoFacial RF Skin Rejuvenation treatment.
Accepted answers were:
Treats:Rocacea, Spider Veins, Sun Damage, Age spots, Freckles, Sun Spots, Brown Spots and Uneven skin tones
Results in: Tighter Pores, Younger Looking Ski, Softer Wrinkles
Please be sure to become a FAN of our Facebook page at: Comsetic Laser MD on Facebook!
Another Skin Rejuvenation Contest has come to an end!July 28, 2010 / Category: Cosmetic Procedures, Special Offers
This week’s Cosmetic Laser MD Skin Rejuvenation Contest is officially over!
A big thanks to all those who entered!
This week’s question was: Name three results that you can expect with FotoFacial RF Skin Rejuvenation treatment.
The acceptable answers to this week’s question were:
We will be doing the drawing over the next few days and the three winners of the FREE St. Tropez Airbrush Spray Tan will be announced on Monday morning!
Top Ten Beauty Treatments for 2010April 5, 2010 / Category: Anti-Aging, Beauty Breakthroughs, Cosmetic Procedures
So you’ve decided you want cosmetic laser treatments to help maintain a youthful appearance — but which one do you choose?
Well, you’ve come to the right place. To answer questions just like that one, we compiled a list of the ‘Top Ten’ Cosmetic Laser Face and Body Rejuvenation Treatments that are clinically proven highly-effective and provide the most satisfying results. Sought after as much for ‘beauty maintenance’ as for dramatic improvements by woman and men of all ages and all skin types, these treatments are available to anyone at a fraction of the cost of traditional cosmetic surgery.
1. eMatrix Fractional Sublative Rejuvenation – Designed to treat fine lines and wrinkles, improve the appearance of acne scars and stretch marks, improve textural irregularities and broken blood vessels, treat brown spots and sun damage, and tighten skin–all in one sitting. Ideal for the face, neck, chest, arms and hands, it provides for a smoother, tighter and improved skin texture. eMatrix requires little- to-no downtime and is clinically proven for ALL skin types.
2. Fotofacial RF Skin Rejuvenation –FotoFacial RF (also known as photorejuvenation or IPL) is the first and only device to combine intense pulsed light with radiofrequency for maximum safety, effectiveness, and comfort. FotoFacial RF safely and comfortably treats rosacea, spider veins, sun damage, age spots, as well as uneven skin tone created by brown and red spots. In addition, because it uses bipolar radiofrequency, FotoFacial RF will simultaneously stimulate collagen production leading to softer wrinkles and tighter pores. The end result is smoother, healthier, younger looking skin.
3. VelaShape Laser Body Contouring – VelaShape™ features the revolutionary ELOS™ technology, and is FDA–cleared for Body Reshaping and Cellulite Treatment, enabling you to comfortably achieve a toned, contoured and well shaped body. VelaShape treats both the deeper tissue and the upper layers of the skin resulting in a measurable reduction in fat layers, circumference and the appearance of cellulite. VelaShape™ offers a non–surgical, no downtime and virtually painless treatment for Body Reshaping and Cellulite Treatment, with proven results in as few as five treatment sessions.
4. Dermal Fillers – Safe and simple biocompatible dermal fillers including Radiesse®, Juvederm® and the exciting new Selphyl™. Used to achieve the Liquid Face Lift, these fillers are injected to increase volume, fill lines and lift hollows in the face, taking years off of your appearance and restoring the Volume of Youth.
5. Botox® – A perennial favorite for its consistent, almost instantaneous results, Botox® relaxes the tiny facial muscles that cause worry lines in the forehead, crow’s feet, frown lines and laugh lines. Botox is also used to elevate and re-shape the brow and turn up the corners of the mouth, resulting in a more youthful, refreshed appearance.
6. ELOS Laser Hair Removal – ELOS Laser Hair Removal combines Bi–Polar RF (Radio Frequency) and a high power Diode LASER, requiring lower overall energy levels for superior results and maximum safety, and is the fastest, most effective hair removal laser available. One of the most important benefits of ELOS technology is that it safely achieves permanent and effective reduction of most hair colors on all skin types including patients with darker skin tones.
7. Melanage Skin Lightening Peel – Designed to treat uneven skin tone, deep pigment issues and melasma. The Melanage Skin Lightening Peel is a superficial peel designed to improve the texture and appearance of hyperpigmented skin, which involves a medicate masque and an at–home regimen. This peel is safe and effective for ALL skin types including dark skin.
8. SilkPeel™– SilkPeel combines precision non–invasive exfoliation with Dermalinfusion™, a deep delivery of skin–specific solutions, to restore, brighten, clarify, hydrate and revitalize your skin without the use of crystal or other chemical exfoliants. The patented SilkPeel™ handpiece deeply delivers the vitamins, antioxidants, and other therapeutic ingredients that your skin needs most.9. VI Peel Treatment™ – Painless, quick and designed to reverse the signs of aging and sun damage on the skin, the VI Peel improves the texture of the skin, reduces age spots, and softens lines and wrinkles. The unique blend of ingredients in our Peel produces powerful results with no pain, no skin preparation and very little downtime.
10. Clarisonic PRO – The Clarisonic PRO is the latest model from Clarisonic. Created by the primary inventor of the Sonicare® toothbrush, Clarisonic’s gentle sonic vibrations cleanse deeply, clearing pores for better absorption of skincare products; reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; creates softer, smoother skin; helps reduce oily areas,dry skin patches and blemishes; and is gentle enough for cleansing sensitive skin.
Of course, all the above treatments are available at Cosmetic Laser MD’s office in Livingston, NJ.
Please call 973.716.900 or click here to schedule a complimentary consultation.
Dr. Tanne on Channel 11 WPIX morning’s news!February 17, 2010 / Category: Anti-Aging, Cosmetic Procedures
Check out this video of Dr.Tanne on the WPIX11 morning news talking about skincare for improving the texture and appearance of hyperpigmented skin and the treatments and products available at her practice.
Call us at 973.716.9000 to schedule a complimentary consultation or click the button below. We will discuss your concerns and establish a treatment plan to achieve your aesthetic goals.