Beauty In A Blink With Customized Eyelash Extensions
With customized eyelash extensions great lashes are easy. Expertly applied eyelash extensions dramatically offset drooping eyelids, enhance the beauty of your eyes, and even improve the apparent proportions of your face. I find that they are a perfect complement to the Botox, filler, lasers and other minimally invasive cosmetic surgery procedures that I offer in my office. Imagine having longer, thicker, curlier lashes without the hassles of messy mascara or damaging mechanical curlers. Customized semi–permanent eyelash extensions are applied one lash at a time for a light–weight, feathery, water resistant, natural look and feel. Eyelash extensions can be customized to suit any look, style, or occasion.
Semi Permanent eyelashes that last up to 2 months or longer Weightless, with natural look and feel Painless, relaxing procedure that only takes 60 to 120 minutes Water resistant so you can swim or shower worry free Lengthens and thickens without the need for mascara.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are Customized Eyelash Extensions?
Customized eyelash extensions lengthens and thickens eyelashes. They are single strands of synthetic eyelashes that are curved to replicate a natural eyelash and are applied to individual eyelashes, one lash at a time, for a natural, elegant, and luscious look. Customized eyelash extensions are perfect for special occasions as well as for everyday wear.
What do they look like and how do they feel?
With proper application, customized eyelash extensions look and feel completely real.
How long do customized eyelash extensions last?
When applied properly, semi–permanent eyelash extensions can last up to 2 months, depending on the natural growth cycle of your eyelashes and the expertise of the technician applying the eyelash extensions. You will probably want touch–ups every two to four weeks. Our High Performance Bonding Agent is specially formulated with a unique waterproof bonding agent to last. Some glues may not last as long because of an inferior bonding strength.
Can I swim, shower, exercise, or visit a spa while wearing eyelash extensions?
Yes. Our specially formulated bonding agent allows you to shower, swim, exercise, sleep and spa worry–free while wearing eyelash extensions. You can enjoy these lashes with little need to adjust your lifestyle. Please do not swim or spa for 48 hours after the procedure to allow the bonding agent to fully cure. After this, you can swim and spa worry free.
Can I apply customized eyelash extensions to my own eyelashes?
No. Only a trained professional will be able to safely apply our customized eyelash extensions. Unprofessional application or self–application may cause eye injury or clumpy, unnatural looking lashes. Our customized eyelash extensions are applied one lash at a time to your individual natural eyelashes to achieve long, thick and natural looking eyelashes. The procedure involves bonding the synthetic extension to your own natural eyelashes.
How often should I get touch–ups?
We recommend getting a touch up every two to four weeks. A natural eyelash falls off every 60 to 90 days on average due to the natural growth cycle and is naturally replaced with the growth of a new eyelash. At any given moment, each of your natural eyelashes is at a different stage of its life cycle. A touch up is needed to replenish the lashes that have completed their life cycle. Touch ups generally take a short time and are relatively inexpensive.
Can I apply mascara to my eyelash extensions?
One of the main advantages of our eyelash extensions is never needing mascara again. However, if you must have the mascara look, only use water–based mascara. Do not use oil–based or waterproof mascara. Waterproof mascara, along with any type of oil–based mascara, will dissolve the bonding agent and cause your eyelash extensions to fall off.
How do I take care of my eyelash extensions?
Your new customized eyelash extensions are long, thick and beautiful! Once applied, they last up to 2 months. Best of all, they are easy to maintain. Your lash extension professional will give you a detailed easy care maintenance instructions following your procedure. To maintain this look and extend the life of your lashes, follow these easy care instructions:
- Do not wash eyes or shower for 24 hours after lash application. Do not swim or spa for 48 hours after lash application to allow adequate time for bonding.
- Be gentle with your lashes.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes.
- Avoid oil–based and waterproof mascara. Water based mascara and water based mascara remover may be used. Use mascara sparingly and gently remove mascara with water–based eye makeup remover. Apply mascara on the tips only.
We recommend getting a touch up every two to four weeks.
Can you describe the application process?
You will be comfortably reclined with your eyes closed while your customized eyelash extensions are applied individually to your natural eyelashes. It generally takes between 60 to 120 minutes to apply one full set of eyelash extensions. The procedure is so relaxing and comfortable that many clients fall asleep. Touch ups can be done in as little as 15 to 45 minutes.
Things to know:
- Shower before your appointment. It is suggested that you do not get your lashes wet for at least 12 hours, preferably 24 hours after your application.
- Please do not wear any makeup, moisturizers or eye cream to your appointment. If you wear contacts, you may want to wear your glasses to your appointment. You may resume wearing your contacts after your appointment.
- Avoid oil–based cleansers, lotion or eye–makeup removers, while wearing eyelash extensions.
- Do not use a traditional eyelash curler, as this may damage the bond of the adhesive. Do not tug or pull on your lashes! Be gentle with your lashes. Avoid rubbing your eyes excessively.
- Refrain from any excessive sweating and heat/steam for the first 48 hours. Exposure to regular heat, such as a sauna or steam room will weaken the bond and cause the lash extensions to fall off. If you are exposed to excessive heat regularly, eyelash extensions are probably not for you.
- Do not use waterproof mascara, as this may weaken the adhesive bond when removing.
- Cosmetic Laser MD does not guarantee the long–term wear of your eyelash extensions. However, regular touch ups will help you to maintain your lashes all the time.