* Results may vary.
FOR A SILKY SMOOTH NATURAL – LOOKING SMILE
Designed specifically for lips and the lines around them
Restylane Silk has recently been approved for release in the United States! It’s the first and only FDA-approved product specifically designed for subtle lip enhancement and the smoothing of wrinkles and lines around the mouth in patients over 21 years of age.
WHY CHOOSE RESTYLANE SILK FOR LIPS
It’s natural to want to enhance the appearance of our lips if we feel that their shape or proportions are not well matched to our unique facial structure. Plus, as we age, our lips may lose volume. And using makeup to hide these flaws often has limited results. That’s why using Restylane Silk for lips poses many benefits for lip enhancement, including:
- non–animal-based, so there’s no need for allergy testing
- Treatment usually takes less than one hour
You and Dr. Tanne can decide on your treatment goals together, to help you achieve the look you desire and see lasting results up to 6 months
HOW DOES RESTYLANE SILK WORK?
Just like the other members of the Restylane family, Restylane Silk is a clear gel formulation of hyaluronic acid — a sugar that is naturally present in your skin.
WHAT MAKES RESTYLANE SILK DIFFERENT FROM OTHER RESTYLANE PRODUCTS?
Like other areas of the face, the lips and skin surrounding the mouth show signs of aging as an individual gets older. This often results in lip thinning, lost shape and an increase in vertical lines above the lip.
Restylane Silk is designed specifically to provide natural-looking results in these areas. That’s why it’s made of smaller, smoother particles than those used in other Restylane products.
In a clinical study of patients treated with Restylane Silk or no treatment, clinical investigators reported:
- 77% of patients treated with Restylane Silk showed at least a one-point improvement in lip fullness (measured on a 5-point scale) eight weeks after treatment.
- 59% of patients treated with Restylane Silk maintained lip fullness six months after treatment
Restylane® Silk’s unique particle gel formula, along with an ultrafine needle designed for improved accuracy, helps give you softer, more precise results — just what you need for a natural-looking smile.
SEE WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
In the same clinical study, patients treated with Restylane Silk reported fast-acting, long-lasting results:
- 98% of patients reported a visible improvement in lip fullness 14 days after injection
- 76% of patients still had lip improvement six months following injection
As with any other hyaluronic acid gel that is injected into the lips, the most common side effect is temporary swelling.
Finally, a treatment designed exclusively for
lips and lines around the mouth
Lips that say YOU – beautiful and just the way you want them
Everyone has an “ideal lip.” Discover yours.
Everyone’s facial structure is different—and so is everyone’s ideal lip shape and size. Restylane® Silk helps redefine lips by softening the appearance of lip lines and defining the lip border. Restylane Silk can help you achieve your own “Ideal Lip.”
THE DIVINE PROPORTION—AN ARTIST’S VISION OF BEAUTY
For centuries, artists have used the Divine Proportion to create harmony and balance. For lips in many patients, it translates into a guideline that the upper lip should be about 40% of the total height of the lips, and the bottom lip should be about 60%.
Your ultimate goals Restylane Silk should be discussed during consultation with Dr. Tanne, which is why it’s so important to choose an experienced doctor who understands lip aesthetics.
IS LIP ENHANCEMENT RIGHT FOR YOU?
Restylane Silk is used to add definition to your lips. Like many people, you may need better definition of your lips and reduction of the appearance of vertical lip lines (smoker’s lines or the “barcode”). Your lips may also benefit from more symmetry. Look in the mirror, and ask yourself if you see:
Attempts to enhance lip contours and fullness with lipsticks and lip plumpers offer limited results. Truly effective lip enhancement requires a professional-grade product administered by a trained healthcare professional. If you and Dr. Tanne agree it’s the right choice, Restylane Silk can add definition to your lips, with an aesthetically pleasing, natural-looking result.
IMPORTANT DETAILS ABOUT RESTYLANE SILK TREATMENT
After treatment, you might have some swelling, redness, pain, bruising, or tenderness. These are typically mild in severity and normally last less than 7 days in nasolabial folds and less than 14 – 18 days in lips.
WHO SHOULD NOT USE RESTYLANE SILK
Restylane Silk should not be used by people with previous bad allergies, particularly to microorganisms known as gram-positive bacteria, or by people with serious allergies to drugs that have previously required in-hospital treatment. Restylane Silk should not be used by people with bleeding disorders, during pregnancy, or when breastfeeding. Restylane Silk should not be used by anyone with a known allergy to lidocaine.
- Avoid using aspirin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications (such as ibuprofen), St John’s wort, or high doses of vitamin E supplements, as these may increase bruising and bleeding at the injection site.
- Speak with Dr. Tanne if you have previously suffered from facial cold sores. She may prescribe a medication to minimize recurrence.
- Treatment with Restylane Silk generally takes less than an hour
- Dr. Tanne and her staff will cleanse and prepare the area to be treated. Then Restylane Silk gel is injected into the treatment area using an ultra-fine needle or a cannula to create the desired effect.
- See immediate and visible results.
- Use cold compresses to reduce swelling.
- Avoid exposure to intense heat (sun lamp or sunbathing).
- Reduce the risk of facial cold sore recurrence that could be caused by needle punctures. Talk with Dr. Tanne about medications that may minimize an outbreak.
- Avoid taking aspirin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications (such as ibuprofen), St John’s wort, or high doses of vitamin E supplements for one week after treatment. These agents may increase bruising and bleeding at the injection site.
- After treatment, you might have some swelling, redness, pain, bruising, or tenderness. These are typically mild in severity and normally last less than 7 days in nasolabial folds and less than 14 – 18 days in lips.
- Contact our office if you experience side effects beyond 14 days
- Schedule a follow-up appointment for approximately 2 weeks after your treatment.
* Results may vary.